VRSC expects all participants in the Revolution Adult Soccer League to respect the club culture and core values of community, inclusivity, and fair play while contributing to the creation of a fun, competitive environment. Any inappropriate language and rough play will not be tolerated, and individuals who do not adhere to the VRSC Code of Conduct that every player will be required to sign prior to participation in the league, may be suspended or banned from future participation in the league.
- All players on the team must be rostered and signed a Player Waiver Release Form prior to participation in a game.
- Team Captain is responsible for ensuring all players are rostered and up-to-date on their league dues and Player Waiver Release Form.
- No more than 15 players per roster.
- Minimum of 5 players needed to play a match. If less than 5 players are present 5 minutes after the scheduled start of the match, they will forfeit the match.
- For Coed leagues, no more than 5 male players can be on the field at any given time.
Winning team will fill out brief match score report HERE
- 3 points for a win
- 1 point for a tie
- 0 points for a loss
- Fewest goals against
- Goal differential
- Most shutouts
- If a team needs to forfeit a match, they must alert the League Director (LEE@VAREVOLUTIONSOCCER.COM) at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled kickoff of the match. The League Director will attempt to reschedule matches if notified early in the event of a schedule conflict. Failure to inform the League Director at least 24 hours prior to scheduled kickoff will result in a $50 fine that will need to be paid prior to your team’s next match.
- Substitutions are allowed at the referee’s discretion on any throw-in, goal kick, and kick-off.
- Match cancellations: All matches are played on turf fields, and therefore will still be played in the event of rain. VRSC may make the decision to cancel games due to extreme weather conditions such as thunder/lightning, accumulating snow, freezing rain or extreme temperatures.
- Cancellation notification: VRSC will make every effort to provide notice as early as possible when compelled to cancel matches due to extreme weather conditions.
- Suspended matches: If a match is halted by the referee due to extreme weather conditions, prior to the end of the first half, the match will be replayed at a later date. Any match that is canceled during or after halftime will stand with the score being reported as it stood when the cancellation occurred.
- Rescheduled matches: VRSC will attempt to reschedule as many matches as possible. In the event too many matches are canceled, it may not be possible to reschedule all. If this occurs, refunds will be provided on a prorated basis.
All players must wear the following:
- Shin Guards
- Socks that fully cover the shinguards
- Flat-sole shoes or cleats approved by the referee
- Numbered jersey
The following items are not permitted:
- Footwear that is considered dangerous to players
There is only offsides in the opponents’ 18-yard box
- Goalkeepers must wear a shirt that is of a different color to both their own team and their opponents.
- Goalkeepers cannot punt, drop-kick, or throw the ball in the air over the halfline. They may roll the ball on the ground or pass it on the ground past the halfline. Any ball played in the air over the halfline from the goalkeeper in their box will result in an indirect free kick for the opponent at the spot where the ball crossed the halfline.
- Goalkeepers are the only players on the field that are permitted to slide when going for the ball.
- All infractions are from FIFA Laws of the Game, and will result in applicable direct or indirect free kicks, according to the referee.
- The defending team must be at least 7 yards away from the free kick spot, as determined by the referee.
- Per FIFA Laws of the Game, any infraction that results in a direct free kick will be given as a penalty kick. The penalty kick spot is 10 yards away from the goal line.
- A slide tackle is defined as sliding for a ball when in close proximity to another player.
- Slide tackling is not permitted (except for goalkeepers), and will result in a yellow card from the referee.
- Sliding when not in proximity to another player is permitted (For example, if a player is sliding to keep the ball inbounds when no other player is within 5 yards of the slide).
- Yellow card – cautionable offense
- Red card – a player who has received 2 yellow cards (cautions), or has received a straight red card by the referee must leave the field and not be within eyesight of the referee, teammates, or opponents for the duration of the match.
Player and Team Code of Conduct
- All players and teams must conduct themselves with dignity and sportsmanship for the benefit and spirit of the game, and the healthy and positive atmosphere of the league. The Team Captain assumes responsibility regarding team leadership and maintenance of a positive atmosphere.
Referee Decisions and Appeals
All referee decisions on the field are final. There are no appeals to the outcome of matches, or incidents (cautions, ejections, etc.) therein.